No, no… it was ten years later. Geesh.
Anyway, this kid’s favorite salad is my own spin on a classic Honey Mustard Chicken Salad. It’s got all the good stuff: Homemade dressing, grilled chicken, pecans & dried cranberries. So delicious, and so good for you (shhhh…don’t say that too loud).
The secret ingredient: Greek yogurt.
So, make this for your man, or yourself tonight. I figured I can’t be the only one desperately clinging to the last weak vestige of summer…and maybe you’re craving salad for dinner, too.
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt (Yummy protein! Fage is the best.)
- 2 T Course Ground Mustard (Not that yellow ballpark stuff. I like Grey Poupon -Mostly because I like saying “Poupon” in a British accent).
- 1 T Honey (My parents have bees, so I was lucky enough to score some of their delicious home-harvested honey)
- 3-4 Chicken breasts
- 6 Cups, or a “several handfuls” of Spinach and Baby Greens (Because that’s what I know you’ll do anyway.)
- Enough Dried Cranberries, Pecans, Red Onion, Tomato, Cucumbers, Parmesan and Feta to make it look pretty and taste good. (I trust you to eyeball it – Add any of your favorite veggies!)
- Mix all dressing ingredients, cover, and set in the fridge. (I really like the bite of the mustard, so you may want to add extra honey if that’s not your thing. Just try a taste, and adjust as needed. The dressing will be thick, not runny.)
- Grill the chicken until done (or broil, bake, use leftovers), slice and cover to keep warm.
- Mix the salad ingredients, top with chicken.
- Serve in a pretty bowl with the dressing on the side. (Dressing may need to be stirred up after being removed from the fridge.)
This dressing is what makes the salad, and is also big hit on sandwiches, and as a dip, too! Kind of like what you get in at McD’s for your nuggets…but way, way better. You might want to make a double batch…